Blueberry Chia Pudding
Blueberry Chia Pudding- perfectly packed with superfoods that will power you all day or refuel you mid day for a nutrient dense snack.
Blueberries lower cholesterol and contribute to heart health. hey pack a ton of fiber into each berry, along with a healthy dose of potassium, folate, and vitamins C and B6. Chia seeds are a favorite at Sage for their fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, and antioxidants. Power up! Image: Photo by Sebastián León Prado
- 1 3/4 cups coconut milk - can sub almond milk
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey- we also love to use maple syrup for a vegan version
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup frozen wild blueberries, thawed (or fresh)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- Honey or maple syrup for drizzling on top
- 1/4 cup granola for topping, optional
- Other optional toppings: berries, cocoa nibs, chopped nuts and mint
- Combine the coconut or almond milk, chia seeds, honey (or maple syrup), salt, vanilla, and blueberries in a blender until pureed. Whisk in the chia seeds (do not blend). Pour into individual mason jars. Cover and place in the fridge for 4-5 hours and up to overnight, or until a thick, pudding like consistency is achieved.
- Serve in bowl and drizzle with honey or syrup and top with granola.