Roasted Red Pepper and Chickpea Soup
The easiest blender soup ever, just ten minutes from blender to bowl! Full of flavor loaded with nutrients our bodies crave. This soup is a total family pleaser.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 15 oz BPA free chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 12 oz jar roasted red peppers. We used the juice.
- 1 1/2 cups low- sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup red onion- rough chopped
- 1 1/2 garlic clove- rough chopped
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp red chili pepper flakes + 1 more tsp to garnish
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp roasted pine nuts for garnish
- 2 tsp olive oil for garnish
- 4 sprigs of rosemary for garnish (or other fresh herb you have on hand)
- In a blender puree chickpeas, red peppers, broth, onion, garlic, paprika, chili flakes, salt and pepper. Blend about 1 1/2 minutes until creamy, but still has a bit of small chunks to it. This is a personal preference though, blend longer if you like your soup creamy with no chunks.
- Once fully blended transfer the soup mix to a medium size saucepan and heat over medium heat for 10 minutes to warm and let flavors immerse. Stir occasionally.
- Pour soup into bowls. Drizzle with 1/2 tsp olive oil and top with a sprig of rosemary, red chili pepper flakes and roasted pine nuts. Enjoy.