Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chewy, thick "paleo" chocolate chip cookies made with both coconut and almond flour. These low carb cookies are a dream come true. Gluten, grain and dairy free! See the original recipe for the BEST paleo chocolate chips cookies (and the video on how to make them) over on Ambitious Kitchen.
We don't know about you guys, but we love chocolate. These cookies are a delicious, guilt-free way for us to get our chocolate fix for the day or week! We've adapted the original recipe slightly by adding some walnuts and chocolate drizzle to the top!
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled (make sure it's cooled! that's very important!!)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 oz 80% dark chocolate, coarsely chopped (or 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips)*
- Coarse sea salt, for sprinkling
- Coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add add in beaten egg, melted and cooled coconut oil, coconut sugar and vanilla extract. (Please make sure your coconut oil is cool!) Next add in almond flour, coconut flour and baking soda, mixing well to combine and form a dough. Fold in dark chocolate chunks. You may need to use your hands to moisten the dough so that it sticks together well.
- Use a cookie scoop or large tablespoon to drop dough onto un-greased baking sheet. Gently flatten the dough with your hand. Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until edges are slightly golden brown. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt and allow to cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finishing cooling. Makes 12 cookies.
- Olive oil will also work well in lieu of the coconut oil.
- *You can also melt the chocolate for the top of the cookies with a 1 1/2 tsp of coconut oil and then drizzle on top, like we've done in the picture above.