Peach, Arugula & Blue Cheese Pizza
Summertime is the best because there are so many fresh options for produce that are bursting with flavors. We also love the opportunity to create exquisite dishes with all of these fresh options! Combing a multitude of complimenting flavors is such a fun challenge for us. It's why we love this pizza! It combines the sweetness of peaches with the earthiness of blue cheese and peppery arugula. Delicious!
- pizza crust, partially baked
- 1 whole, ripe peach, thinly sliced
- 1/4 small red onion, diced thin
- 1/4-1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup arugula
- organic extra virgin olive oil
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 20-year (or any aged) aged balsamic vinegar*
- Brush par-baked pizza crust with EVOO
- Sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes
- Sprinkle with a thin layer of blue cheese crumbles
- Next layer thinly sliced peaches, thinly diced red onion and top with arugula**.
- Sprinkle with more blue cheese crumbles
- Bake at 400 F for 15-20 minutes or until blue cheese is just melting and the edges of the crust are turning golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5 mins.
- Slice pizza and drizzle with aged balsamic.
- Serve and enjoy al fresco on a beautiful summer night.
* Regular balsamic vinegar does not have the same sweetness as aged balsamic does and is not as thick. If you're using regular balsamic, it may make the pizza soggy. Also. only lightly drizzle the pizza with the aged balsamic. You do not want the pizza drowning in the vinegar; only for it to add a bit of flavor!
** If you add the arugula before you cook the pizza, the arugula will be "wilted" when it comes out. If you like fresh arugula on top of your pizza, try adding it when your pizza has about 5 mins left in the oven or when you're adding the balsamic vinegar.
This pizza is great when grilled as well! Pair with an amazing glass of summer wine!