South of the Border Mason Jar Salads
This is the ultimate lunch-time favorite in our house! The carnitas and fresh avocado completely make this dish! This is also a super easy meal prep for the whole week!
- Organic spinach and kale
- 1-2 cups cooked brown rice or quinoa
- 1 can organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 container, organic cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1-2 avocadoes, pitted and diced
- 1 purple onion, peeled and diced
- 1 package of frozen, organic corn (cooked)
- 1-2 cups homemade carnitas* (optional)
- 1 container, grass-fed cow milk feta cheese, or pepper jack cheese (cubed)
- Organic salsa
- Plain, unsweetened Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- Prep all veggies.
- Add to jars in this order:
- Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- Black beans
- Cooked corn
- Brown rice (or quinoa)
- Carnitas (optional)
- Feta or pepper jack cheese cubes
3. Store jars in fridge and grab one each morning for lunch! Shake jar and enjoy!
*Our homemade Carnitas recipe (made in a crockpot!) is coming soon! Stay tuned.