Apple Salad and Toasted Almonds
- ¼ cup riesling or other sweet white wine
- ¼ tbsp white wine vinegar
- ¼ tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup arugula
- ½ carrot shredded
- 2 Gala or Honeycrisp apples
- ½ ounce crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tbsp sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 tbsp roasted pumpkin seeds
- Heat wine in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until reduced (about 10 minutes). Remove from heat, and stir in vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper.
- To serve salad, toss salad greens and apples with dressing.
- Sprinkle with goat cheese pumpkin seeds, sliced almonds and carrots. Serve immediately.