Gluten Free Banana Bread
We love this take on Grandma's classic Banana Bread for a "healthified" version without all the guilt!
- 1 ¼ cup Blanched Almond Flour
- ½ cup Oat Flour
- ¼ cup Flax Meal
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- 1/3 cup Coconut Sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup Honey
- 1/3 cup Almond Milk
- 1 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp. Ghee (melted)
- ½ cup Mashed Banana
- 1/3 cup Shredded Carrot
- ¼ cup Shredded Zucchini
- ¼ cup frozen Blueberry (fresh if in season)
- ½ cup Chopped Walnuts
Preheat oven to 350
- Mix all the dry ingredients in bowl and set aside
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs, then add honey, almond milk, apple cider vinegar and vanilla. Mix well. Add in melted ghee and mix again.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix, but do not over mix.
- Mash banana in a separate small bowl. Add the carrot and zucchini to the banana.
- Add this veggie/fruit mix to batter. Gently fold.
- Add in blueberries and walnuts. Gently fold to Mix.
- Lightly grease loaf pan with Ghee.
- Add batter to loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 min. Depending on oven this may vary slightly. Check for doneness at 45 min. It is fine to add an extra 5 min for a total of 55 min. The top will be nicely browned. Use a tooth pick- if it comes out dry, it is done. Your loaf should be moist, not mushy with a nice firm and brown top.
- Let cool for at least 45 min before cutting into it. Enjoy!