Today is National Coffee Day! While we love to treat ourselves with a nice, hot cup of Joe from time to time, we try to stay away from "regular" coffee as much as possible (due to caffeine dependencies and the "addiction" qualities of it). We love Dandy Blend as a great alternative mixed with almond milk (check out of Morning Elixir for a great recipe that utilizes this!). But since today is Amanda's wedding day, we're totally enjoying these delicious PINK coffee-free lattes. How delicious and magical does this look? Read on for the full recipe.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, plus ½ cup extra for foaming
- 1 tablespoon honey (or liquid sweetener of choice)
- 2 tablespoons crystalized beet or beet powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- In a blender add all ingredients, except the extra ½ cup almond milk, and blend until smooth.
- In a small pot, heat up blended ingredients until boiling.
- Add remaining almond milk into a glass or cup and foam with preferred method of foaming. You can throw it into your blender to add some extra foaming power after the latte is heated.
- Pour blended beet ingredients into two glasses or mugs, top with foamed milk, and sprinkle extra ground ginger or cinnamon!
- Drink away!