Watermelon Summer Slushie (adult version)
We love the summer and we love refreshing watermelon straight from the farmer's market. This adult watermelon slushie is the best patio beverage to enjoy with some friends! Whip up a batch this weekend and let us know what you think!
- 4 cups watermelon flesh, seeds removed
- 2 fluid ounces simple syrup- or honey if you prefer
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 cup prosecco
- 2 fluid ounces melon liqueur
- 4 slices of lemon for garnish
- 4 Sprigs of Basil or Mint for garnish
- In a food processor, puree the watermelon flesh. Pour the pureed watermelon into empty ice cube trays and freeze for at least 4 hours. Also, freeze 4 martini glasses.
- In a blender combine the frozen watermelon cubes, simple syrup or honey, lemon juice, vodka, prosecco and melon liqueur; blend until smooth. Pour into 4 frozen martini glasses and garnish each with a lemon twist and basil or mint.