Red Berry & Mint Smoothie
This Red Berry & Mint Smoothie is amazingly light and refreshing. Add a scoop of protein powder for a great post-workout re-fuel! This smoothie is rich in vitamin C and anitoxidants.
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup raspberries*
- 3/4 cup strawberries*
- 3 large fresh mint leaves
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder (optional)
- Place all the ingredients in a blender. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into 2 small glasses or 1 large glass. Serve immediately.
*You can use fresh or frozen berries
- Chia seeds are a concentrated food containing healthy omega-3 fatty acids, carbohydrates, protein, fiber, antioxidants, and calcium. Chia seeds are an unprocessed, whole-grain food that can be absorbed by the body as seeds.
- Hemp seeds have a mild, nutty flavor and are often referred to as "hemp hearts". Hemp seeds contain over 30% fat. They are exceptionally rich in two essential fatty acids, linoleic acid (omega-6) and alpha-linolenic acid (omega-3). They also contain gamma-linolenic acid, which has been linked with several health benefits.
- Rich in vitamins, antioxidants, and fiber, raspberries are a delicious fruit with many health benefits. They have a high concentration of ellagic acid, a phenolic compound that prevents cancer, thereby potentially stopping the growth of cancer cells and eliminating the progress of some cancers.
- Strawberries are no exception to this rule of healthy benefits; in addition to antioxidants and polyphenols, they have many other nutrients, vitamins, and minerals that contribute to the overall health benefits of these berries. These nutrients include vitamin C, folate, potassium, manganese, dietary fiber, and magnesium.