Citrus Immunity Tonic
For those of you who just can’t get past the strong and pungent taste of our Fire Immunity Tonic, this new Citrus Immunity Tonic is just for you!
Prep Time: 20 minutes; Store in cool dry place for 30 days. Shake Daily
- 3 oranges
- 2 lemons
- 1 lime
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ c astragalus root (we use dried from Starwest Botanicals- it lasts forever!)
- ⅛ c lavender
- ⅓ c loosely packed hibiscus leaves - dried
- ⅓ c honey
- 2 3” pieces of fresh ginger root -cut into slices
- 2 3” pieces of fresh turmeric root- cut into slices
- Juice the oranges, lemons and limes and set aside.
- Peel and grate the ginger and turmeric
- Add the ginger, turmeric, astragalus root, lavender, hibiscus leaves to a wide mouth quart mason jar.
- Pour the citrus juices and apple cider vinegar
- Add in honey
- Seal by placing a sheet of parchment paper over top and then putting the lid on.
- Shake vigorously
- Place in cool dark cabinet for 21-30 days.
- Give it a quick “love” shake every day.
- We like to let it ferment for 30 days for a strong and bountiful tonic.
- Strain the liquid and contents through a nut milk bag. Discard the all non liquid contents.
- Pour your immunity tonic into a glass container with a tight fitting lid. Will last up to 4 months in the refrigerator.
- Take 1 tbsp daily or up to four “shots” a day if you feel something coming on!