Blueberry & Blackberry Smoothie Bowl
This smoothie bowl is powerhouse of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup blueberries*
- 3/4 cup blackberries*
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tsp pumpkin
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 8-10 ice cubes
- Place first 5 the ingredients in a blender. Process until smooth and creamy- then add the ice and blend for another minute.
- Spoon the mixture into 2 bowls and top with hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds and walnuts. Serve immediately.
*You can use fresh or frozen berries
- Hemp seeds have a mild, nutty flavor and are often referred to as "hemp hearts". Hemp seeds contain over 30% fat. They are exceptionally rich in two essential fatty acids, linoleic acid (omega-6) and alpha-linolenic acid (omega-3). They also contain gamma-linolenic acid, which has been linked with several health benefits.
- Blueberries are one of the most nutrient dense berries. They are loaded with antioxidants, fiber, vitamin c and K and manganese, they are a delicious fruit with many health benefits.
- The nutrient list of blackberries is extensive. They are loaded with vitamin C (a 100g serving has 23 mg or 35 percent of the recommended daily allowance or RDA), but are low in calories (only 43 calories per 100g serving) and sodium. They are an excellent source of both soluble and insoluble fiber.
- Pumpkin seeds are the only seeds that are alkaline-forming; in this world of highly acidic diets, that is a very good thing. Pumpkin seeds are filled with lots of minerals including phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, iron and copper. They vitamins k, E and B vitamins thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B-6 and folates.