Spicy Beef & Kale Chili
We like to be sneaky with our veggies from time to time, and adding kale to this chili is a great way to get that extra pack of veggies without the bitter taste of raw kale. Plus, it's the perfect amount of spice to heat up the fall and winter days and nights!
- 1.5 lbs grass fed lean ground beef
- 2 (15 oz) cans organic kidney beans
- 1 (15oz) can organic pinto beans
- 1 (28oz) can organic crushed tomatoes
- 1 (28oz) can organic diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 cups organic frozen corn kernels
- 1 bunch of kale, de-stemmed and chopped
- Organic fresh jalapeño, seeded and diced
- Organic chili powder
- Organic garlic powder
- Sea salt
- Organic cayenne pepper
- Organic cumin
- Organic dried oregano
- Organic allspice
- Cilantro, pasture-raised Mexican cheese, and Greek yogurt for toppings
- Brown meat and set aside
- Rinse beans and add to large stock pot
- Add both cans of tomatoes to pot
- Add corn. kale and jalapeño to pot
- Add browned meat, without draining to pot.
- Add spices to taste; add more cayenne for spicier mix.
- Allow to simmer for 30 mins or until hot.
- Serve immediately and top with toppings of choice.