Sweet & Spicy Slow Cooker Chicken
This is a new favorite in both Darci & Amanda's house... S.O. tested and approved! This super easy and quick crock pot chicken recipe is so versatile. You can use any part of the chicken you like, throw it in the crockpot (only 5 ingredients total!!!), set on high for a few hours and you're ready to go!
- 1.5 lbs chicken breasts
- ½ cup coconut aminos*
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup sriracha
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 cups cauliflower rice*
- Steamed broccoli/broccolini & sautéed red pepper
- Crushed peanuts (optional)
- Cilantro (for garnish)
- Extra sriracha (for topping)
- Place chicken breasts on the bottom of a slow cooker. Then rub with minced garlic.
- Set crock-pot to high heat and cook for 2.5-3 hours, or until the chicken is fully cooked and easily shredded.
- Drain liquid from cooked chicken. Then, shred chicken with 2 forks.
- Make sauce by mixing together coco aminos, honey, and sriracha. Pour on top of shredded chicken and mix.
- Serve with brown rice and steamed broccoli and top with crushed peanuts & cilantro & sauteed red pepper; as a taco with Asian Slaw; or on your favorite hoagie with some chips and a pickle!
*We adapted this recipe from FitFoodieFinds to make it fit with the Whole30, but feel free to stick to her original recipe and use tamari or regualr brown rice. We also suggest adding the bell peppers to give the meal a little more sustenance and more flavor profiles. We like a little extra spice, so we add some more sriracha on top, as well as the crushed, roasted, unsalted peanuts and cilantro.
Have fun with the meal and get creative!